Pages

Labels

DND (36) Home Campaign (19) DM (13) Encounters (10) blog (6) 5e (1) GnomeCon (1) Video Games (1) movies (1)

Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Grrrr...

Okay, I'm still new to D&D.  I hear stories of D&D being out for 40 years, and I am playing 4th edition.  4th edition which is new, like only 4 years old.  Now I hear that 5th edition is well in the works. 

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/dungeons-dragons-plans-comeback-200249601.html

Remember, I am the cheapest gamer I, or most people I play with, know.  I think I can still invest time in D&D, though this was not my first reaction.  I just will not buy anything else that is not reusable.  Minis, fine (I hope).  D20s?  Surely sacred.  More rule books and add ons?  Forget it.

I'm just so...grrrr...  I don't know the word.  Wait a minute?  Is this one the 3.5 fan boys sounds like to me?

Fortunately, all 1 of our followers has signed up to be a beta tester.  Dude, keep up informed!


I am glad to see that they are taking feedback, but I also hope they keep in mind that the loudest isn't always the best.  One thing, in my uninformed, only played 4e opinion, is that 4e is structured enough to bring in fresh blood and is less scary to start.   Kudos to the Encounters initiative as well for being accessible and a gateway a drug.

Sound off!

No comments:

Post a Comment