Pages

Labels

DND (36) Home Campaign (19) DM (13) Encounters (10) blog (6) 5e (1) GnomeCon (1) Video Games (1) movies (1)

Thursday, November 17, 2011

D&D Miniatures

Yes, those are Lego people!   I started off my D&D experience with a fellow player who brought some extra miniatures.  It was a great experience.  Immediately after, I was plunged back into the world of using cardboard disks with a character's face factory drawn in.  It just wasn't the same.  My wife came up with the idea of using our Lego people as miniatures.  My kids immediately started making characters, and its been a blast ever since. 

Now, back to being cheap, in case someone as cheap as me is reading this. Lego people are NOT any cheaper than D&D miniatures.  However, they are more customizable, in my opinion more readily available, and my kids financed the purchases.  It cost ME nothing.  It's what my kids request from family and friends for birthdays and Christmas, so I am all set an no additional cost.

To my family and Friends who provide Lego's to my kids (and my wife who picks them up at garage sales, too):  For Christmas they want Lego people, especially things that look medieval, fantasy-like, or even elves and orcs.  I promise they will get used :)

I am saving a really cool post for the next time my brother brings his Lego character, Shava, over.  I will take a picture of it and post it along with the awesome details on how he plays his character in and out of game.

No comments:

Post a Comment