Pages

Labels

DND (36) Home Campaign (19) DM (13) Encounters (10) blog (6) 5e (1) GnomeCon (1) Video Games (1) movies (1)

Thursday, December 1, 2011

My First Encounters DM Experience

DMing for someone else's campaign, for complete strangers, is/was a daunting experience.  Mind you, I enjoyed it immensely, but didn't feel like I was prepared enough.  Darn J-O-B getting in the way this week :)  Of course the J-O-B is what allows me to do this in the first place.

Next week I will try and get more details on the monsters ahead of time, that was the main challenge.  We had 7 players Wednesday, and I was teaching D&D to some, updating a few players, learning some new rules of the Feywild, and trying to figure out how to play some fairly complex low level monsters (poison darts, nets, and basic attacks, all with instant reactions to various PC actions, and this darn fog kept moving around the board - never had to role play weather before).

I did get some nifty game tokens out of it.  Nothing fancy, but some colored token to represent monsters that are color coded and numbered.  Should be handy for monsters in a pinch, instead of finding (if they exist) tokens with right faces drawn on them.

Can't wait until Saturday's "Thank you, but our princess is in another castle!"

No comments:

Post a Comment