Pages

Labels

DND (36) Home Campaign (19) DM (13) Encounters (10) blog (6) 5e (1) GnomeCon (1) Video Games (1) movies (1)

Friday, December 16, 2011

My wife ruined my map!

While I had my camera out, I decided to documents the two maps we have drawn for our campaign. 

My first is the arena that the first 11 encounters (or mini-encounters) occurred in.  I designed the map on 8.5" x 11" grid paper, and then my wife drew it onto the 1" grid paper (36" x lots of feet). Of course, to prove her artistic superiority, she also gave everything depth and shadow.  We did use some green Lego bricks to make the bushes pop and even a Lego tree from one of my youngest daughter's Lego kits.

Unfortunately, my wife ruined my second map, the Great Hall of Palancia Castle.   By ruined, I mean she did such a good job on the first map, that she wasn't ready to spend so much time on the second map and made me draw the map for my own hobby.  Sheesh!   I excelled in tracing straight lines on grid paper.  

I cut out some rectangles of card board to show dining tables in the Great Hall, an oval conference table in the King's War Room at the top right, and lots of couches in the Social Hall at the bottom.  The Brown diagonal lines are the slightly elevated stage that the dance competition occurred on from Session 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment